Thursday, April 9, 2009

Missy Higgins*****To Be A Real Writer*****Harlan Coben



my house on the library floor





Missy Higgins (one of my for sure faves) and Harlan Coben joined forces for a booktalk/concert yesterday at Copley Library Auditorium. I have been a fan of hers for several years and I should know him better because his books are always New York Times best sellers. They talked about the creative process of where their writing comes from. This was fabulous for me to hear. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. He gave a short reading from his book, "The Woods". I was quite impressed with it and look forward to reading some of his stuff. Missy gave an amazing live performance and I left on a high. We were right there
(2nd row) so close to her, and she played without her band so the concert had a very intimate feel. She is so good, however, she is humble and real that I felt like I was able to connect to what she was saying about her writing process and feel a respect for my own songwriting process more. More than a few of her songs have paralled my life so closely at times that they became my 'theme songs' to get me through the changes occuring through those times. One of those was, "Going North" and was my song about my move to Boston. If you don't know her... well.... just go and buy her c.d.'s "Sound Of White" and "On A Clear Night" and you won't be disappointed.







4 comments:

Tannis said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I looove Missy Higgins!

Erin and Donny said...

Holy Cow! Looks like you are having a lot of fun in Boston!!

Janae and Topher said...

It was so much fun. I love Missy Higgins now. Her music is great.

Unknown said...

ok i think my computer is messed up! on my side bar it says that you have made a new post but when i go to your blog it is still your old one. weird.